This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how DBDOYC INC. (Company No. CS201610651) (the “Company”) uses your Personal Data.
The Company is committed to protect and respect your personal data privacy by establishing appropriate measures in protecting and managing your Personal Data. In line with this, the Company will process your Personal Data in accordance with the following:
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you can be personally identifiable, including but not limited to your name, official identification card number, birth certificate number, government identifications such as driver’s license, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit and debit card details, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, resident status, educational background, financial background, personal interests, email address, user location (even if the app is closed or running in the background so long as user is online) occupation, designation and the organization you work in and the industry in which you work. Personal Data also includes any information about you which you have provided to the Company in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms in whatever format, and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by the Company from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious, political or other similar beliefs.
The act of providing the Company with your Personal Data shall be voluntary. If you fail to provide your Personal Data to the Company, your request for the use of the Application will be considered incomplete and you may not be able to access the Company’s service.
If you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider, the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory and failure to provide your Personal Data may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements, and may unable the Company to engage you to provide products or services, or issue payments to you for the products or services provided.
In addition to the Personal Data that you will directly provide to the Company, the Company may also collect your Personal Data from other sources such as:
Or from instances such as:
The Company may use and process your Personal Data for business purposes (“Purpose”), preparatory to or for the fulfillment of contracts and other legitimate activities, which shall include, but not limited to, the following:
Where you are a customer of the services provided by the Company:
• to perform the Company’s obligations with respect to any contract entered into with you;
• to provide you with any service you have requested;
• to process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
• when you have requested to download and use the App, to process your request, to deliver the App and to provide you with a license for the use of the App;
• to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls or surveys;
• to process, manage or verify your application for subscription to the Company and to provide you with the benefits offered to subscribers;
• to validate your bookings and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
• to understand and analyze our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
• to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs; and
• to provide proper and timely assistance to the appropriate medical personnel and/or law enforcement authorities in case of an accident in connection with the use of the services of a transportation service provider through the App or in case of other emergencies involving your life, health, and/or safety; and
• to help in assessing the safety and quality of a transportation service provider’s service.
• to comply with government requirements related to contract tracing and all policies related to management of CoVid-19
• to process cashless transactions
Where you are an agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider:
• for the purposes of engaging you to provide products or services;
• to facilitate any checks as may be required by the Company in order to engage you;
• to process payments relating to any products or services you have provided; and
• to contact you in connection with our existing or previous business relations.
• to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
• to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
• for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, and compiling of statistics database records;
• to detect, prevent and prosecute crimes; and
• The app accesses user location
• The app continues to access it even if the app is closed or running in the background so long as biker is online.
The Company may likewise use and process your data for other purposes (“Additional Purposes”), such as for legitimate business interests or objectives in accordance with the consent that you have previously given the Company:
• To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, emails, promotional materials, special privileges, or festive greetings from the Company, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
• To notify and invite you to events or activities organized by the Company, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
• To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity, and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at such event or activity; and
• To share your Personal Data among its subsidiaries, business partners, as well as with its agents, vendors, suppliers, partners, contractors or service providers who may communicate with you in order to market their products, services, events or promotions by way of post, telephone call short message service (SMS), email and/or other electronic means.
After choosing to receive marketing communications upon registration in the App, website and/or Software, you may still choose to opt out from receiving further marketing communications such as email, SMS, push notifications or similar messages.
For all email marketing communications, please click the “Unsubscribe” link embedded in the marketing email. For SMS, push notifications or similar messaging channels, open your User Profile on the App or Software and click the opt out button. If these options are unavailable, please contact the Company to unsubscribe manually.
If you wish to revoke the consent that the Company has obtained from you for the Purposes stipulated herein, please notify the Company using the contact details stated below.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in (i) a jurisdiction other than your home nation, (ii) a country, state or city in which you are domiciled (“Alternate Country”) while using any services provided by the Company, and/or (iii) a place where the Company’s servers are located if outside of your home nation or Alternate Country. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of your home nation or Alternate Country as described herein.
Your Personal Data may be transferred, accessed by or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes, subject to a data sharing agreement as required by law. The Company may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently, provide access to or disclose your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. These third parties include, without limitation:
1. Company’s partners, which include parties with whom the Company collaborates with for certain events, programs and activities, and in the implementation of cashless transactions;
2. event management companies and event sponsors;
3. marketing research companies;
4. service providers, including information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work; and
5. professional advisers and external auditors, including legal advisers, financial advisers and consultants, and regulatory entities.
6. Government entities which require disclosure of personal data
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary, division, merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of winding-up of the Company.
Subject to applicable requirements of the DPA and other relevant laws and regulations, Personal Data shall not be retained by the Company for a period longer than necessary and/or proportionate to the purposes for which such data was collected. The Company retains your Personal Data for as long you maintain your account with the Company, for as long as your Personal Data remains necessary for the services or purposes mentioned above or for other legal or business purposes. The period of retention may be extended when circumstances so permit, such as, but not limited to, for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or change or correction of your Personal Data. You may also request from the Company to limit the processing of your Personal Data for Additional Purposes only and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
ADDRESS: Globe Telecom Plaza Tower 2, Madison, Mandaluyong, 1500 Metro Manila, Philippines
The Company reserves the right to impose a fee for the access to your Personal Data in the amount permitted by and subject to applicable laws. The Company has also the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any corrections to your Personal Data for reasons permitted under applicable law.
If you do not want your Personal Data or information on your use of the website, App or other Software to be further collected via cookies or identifiers, you may take the following steps:
- For Angkas.com website, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and by clearing the cache from your internet browser.
- For Angkas.com Android & iOS applications, by uninstalling the App.
Both Angkas.com website and Android & iOS mobile applications contain cookies & identifiers from Google Analytics. These cookies & identifiers are used to measure user interactions in order to understand how users navigate through the App for marketing and advertising purposes and for improving the service. For more information on Google Analytics, please check https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and and https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads.
If you are a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow a minor (individual under 18 years of age) under your care to submit Personal Data to the Company. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to the Company, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for the minor’s actions.
In circumstances where you may have provided other individuals’ Personal Data (such as your spouse’s, family members’ or friends’ Personal Data), you represent and warrant that they have authorized you to do so and that you have obtained their consent for the Company’s processing and use of their Personal Data in the manner set forth in this Notice.
The Company has the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time it deems necessary by placing the updated Notice on its website. Your continued use of the Company’s services, purchase of Company’s products or continued engagement with the Company following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice shall be deemed acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between English and other language versions of this Notice, the English version shall prevail.